Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Paranormal: My Life in Pursuit of the Afterlife Review as seen on Luxuryreading.com


Since I am writing a novel on a teenager who has a near-death experience, I thought it would be appropriate for me to read up on the phenomenon. I chose this book off the site I work for. Here's my awesome review:


I didn't know what to expect when I picked up Paranormal: My Life in Pursuit of the Afterlife by Raymond Moody, MD. I didn't know if it would be a medical book, an autobiography, or just a fun story about near-death experiences. Turns out, Paranormal was an exciting mixture of all three. Moody takes the reader through his journey of developing a new sector of thinking and medicine known as the near-death experience (NDE) while giving his personal story at the same time.

Moody starts off his novel by taking the reader through his own NDE. He left out a few details, which made me want to continue reading so that I could hear the rest of his story. Moody manages to ties together his medical side with his personal life rather well. I didn't find myself bored or burdened with medical jargon, rather I found myself wanting to learn more.

I'm not the type of reader who seeks out non-fiction, but I would do so more often if I knew more books like this one. The personal story behind Moody was intriguing. He has a disease called myxedema, which is a thyroid malfunction where the thyroid doesn't work properly. I found myself very interested in Moody's life story and his struggle with his battle against myxedema.

Read more here.

Rating 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment