Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Just so you know: Foreclosure Sucks.

Hey everyone. I don't even know who reads this. I don't look at my page views, because I'm sure it will depress me, and there's only so much I can take. I don't want to be that person who completely loses it because of something stupid like page views.

Anyway.

I'm here to tell you that foreclosure sucks.



In America, we have a serious problem.

I don't know if any of you really understand what's going on in your country. Millions of people are being kicked out of their homes for various reasons. Sure, some people are genuinely inept and fail at making payments. But honestly, it's not the majority.




There are people out there who have problems that arise. Like my mom. She got sick a while back and was in the hospital with an antibiotic staph infection. After that, she lost her job and family issues arose. We never got back to the place where we used to be.

Sure, Obama (and yes, I will vote for Obama this year) has had some home-modification programs, but for people like my mom who work 45+ hours a week for a low-wage, no one ever knows the specifics. My mom took to the internet in search of some solution. My mom isn't a part of the technology generation. It takes her a long time to find credible sites, and I know so little about home buying/ownership it hurts.

So, after months of failed promises, being a day late for programs and crushed dreams, my mom and I must leave our home of 25 years.


I don't even know what bothers me the most about this situation. There's so much wrong that it makes it impossible to fall asleep. Adding to that, Holland doesn't sell over-the-counter sleep meds, and I ran out last week, so I'm screwed by default. 

My mom gives so much to her church. She makes dinner with money she shouldn't be spending for these people. And where are they? Sure, a few people help, but no one seems legit or commits to anything.

I'm in The Netherlands. I don't want to leave early. Especially to pack up my home and move in with my grandma who won't allow my boyfriend to stay with us. I don't blame her. She's old-fashioned. I'm just so bitter. Seriously. Alanis Morrisette (I'm too lazy to Google the correct spelling. Deal with it.) has nothing on the amount of bitter I possess. I'm missing a party, Amsterdam and my boyfriend's family weekend.


I don't know what I'm trying to get out of this post. I guess I just want there to be more awareness. Maybe I want a miracle. If only we could get a loan for $30,000 (My mom only owed $17,500, but courts suck.) then everything would go back to normal. I wouldn't have to leave my room that hasn't changed for about ten years. I wouldn't have to move and then hope to God that we can buy the house back.

I just... It's things like this that make me miss being 12 and watching Buffy. She could fix everything. Well, if not fix, then stab it with a piece of wood. Same thing really.


I miss Buffy. I miss what she represents. When vampires were bad (except Angel and then Spike). I like Twilight. I don't care what you have to say about it. But there's something about a bad ass slayer that does her job well that really speaks to me.



I miss when wrong was wrong. When things were more simple for me. I miss knowing I had a home. I miss having a totally stable family. I miss having everything ahead of me. When I was completely dedicated to getting into NYU. 

But I digress.

So basically what I'm saying here is this:

Foreclosure sucks. It's ruining my life, and that's not even an exaggeration. I need a miracle. I'm having a mental breakdown.

And Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Twilight.

Thank you. Come again.

Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment