Tuesday, June 19, 2012

George Carlin is the Greatest Comedian Ever.


Okay so, here it is: George Carlin is not only hilarious, he's so politically incorrect that he's the most honest and truthful person I've ever heard.

As many of you know, I'm losing my house this week. It's been a very trying time full of crying, anger and mistakingly eating Taco Bell. Today, I am suffering from some massive heat stroke, and I'm sick of being sad. So, I turned to Facebook. It was there that I saw some awesome quotes that made me want to honor this hilarious man who was wise beyond his years.


This quote is probably one of the truest of them all. I respect a man who knows the limits of his gender. That's not to say that men aren't intelligent, just that they're stupid. Stupid mistakes, errors and lack of correct judgement: this is what I'm faced with concerning the average man. I try, as a woman, to give men the benefit of the doubt, but, with a few exceptions, I'm usually left frustrated and ready to rip out my hair.


Also, as man of you know, I have my issues with organized religion. I find it really hard to believe in a book with more contradictions per page than anything else I've ever read. I don't want to give up my life and soul to a God that not only punishes harshly, but allegedly doesn't like gays, tattoos, or even the cutting of hair. My main concern with Christianity was always this concept of God loving me but putting me in a world full of so much hurt and pain, only to promise me heaven if I agree to all his rules and don't complain about it. Let me ask you this: would you put your child in some third-world country with no help or friends and tell them to stay there and like it for X amount of years, but in return tell them they can have access to your mansion and X-Box after their time in hell is up? No. You wouldn't, but that's how I see God sometimes. That's not to say I don't believe that there's something out there. I'm just saying I hope that God isn't as big of a jerk as the Bible makes him out to be.


I have a lot of issues with life. You could say I hit my angsty-teenager phase a little late. I don't see why, as a child, life was great, and now, as an adult, life sucks. I'm constantly lied to and abused by authority. I have to live with the fact that unless you know the right people, real talent is worthless. And I have to accept that when/if I ever have enough money to enjoy life save for winning the lottery, I'll be too old to do anything but chill on a beach. And I hate the sun and sand.

 I like this approach to life. I see it as a Benjamin Button sort of thinking. (Btw, that book is only like 50 pages long tops. There's no reason that movie should have been longer than 90 minutes.) It seems fair to be able to enjoy things when you can physically enjoy them, but this quote, like many others, only reinstates the fact the life will never be fair.



Just one more on religion and I swear I'll stop. I see this quote as people being way too fast to believe things that have no concrete logical evidence, while being skeptical of what's plainly stated. We believe too fast in whatever sounds good. Such as college, for example. Many people were told the same thing I was: College will help you get a good job. You need college. Now we're stuck with a mound of debt because we didn't read the fine print, which is that the more people going to college means the novelty of a college education is gone. Also, you don't need college for half the crap they teach in college these days. But I digress, as a people, we need to question the right sorts of things: religion, authority and the meaning of life. We should accept the little things, because they really are just little things. Look at the bigger picture, and don't be naive.


I love how blunt this man is. I like to think of myself as a blunt but honest person, however, I will never be as witty and correct and Mr. Carlin was. His short way of telling us to "Quit your bitchin'" really should hit home. This can go back up with the previous quote. Maybe we should be trying to question why we hate work instead of just going with it? Or maybe we should shut up and have a drink.


I close with this image, because he is right. Question everything. Hell, even question what this man says. Just as long as you don't take everything for face value and have an opinion of your own, I'd say you're doing better than half the people out there.

So many things this man has said are funny but also very true.The world lost a great man back in 2008, but I'm here to help his ideals live on.

You're a good one, Mr. Carlin. I miss your HBO specials. At least there's always YouTube.

R.I.P.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment